No wonder the container pool is on the rise! Original, economical, ecological and robust, it attracts more and more French people every year. Designed in an old maritime container recycled for the occasion, the container pool is easy to install and includes everything necessary for its operation in the space of the container. Above ground, semi-buried or buried, it can be kept in its industrial and metallic aspect or hidden under more aesthetic and classic coverings. But if it has undeniable advantages, it is not without its drawbacks. Let’s discover its characteristics in this file, as well as the price to consider for this type of pool.
What is a container pool?
The container pool is a pool designed from a shipping container. If it presents an ecological and economical alternative by making it possible to recycle an old container, it is also very functional, original and decorative.
The container transformed into a swimming pool includes the shell of the pool and the fixing elements. There are essentially two categories of standard sizes, i.e. 6.05 meters long by 2.44 meters wide and 2.59 meters deep, or 12.19 meters long by 2.44 meters wide and 2, 59 meters deep.
This economical swimming pool solution is increasingly being offered by swimming pool specialists. Solid, customizable and durable, it has many advantages.
What are the advantages of the container pool?
The container pool has solid advantages.
- It is ecological : the container pool makes it possible to recycle an old container, which limits waste and the overconsumption of other materials. Subsequently, the steel that composes it can be easily recycled at the end of the pool’s life.
- She is solid : the structure of the containers is robust and resistant since these boxes are designed to withstand maritime conditions and corrosion.
- It is economical : the container swimming pool costs much less to buy than a classic swimming pool of the same dimensions. Easier to set up, it costs less in terms of installation. In addition, its tax impact is limited since if it is placed above ground, it will have no impact on taxes.
- It is quick and easy to install : very quick to install since already designed in its overall forms, the container pool also contains an integrated filtration device. On average, allow one day for installation for this type of pool.
- It is easy to transport : the container is much easier to transport than other pool sizes. This facility also makes it possible to take the pool with you when moving house.
- She is original : the sleek style of the container pool makes it both very trendy and goes everywhere. Easy to integrate into all styles of home and garden, it seduces with its original and customizable sobriety.
- It is customizable : the container look is very fashionable, but if it does not appeal to you, know that the container pool is very easy to personalize. If it can be placed above ground, semi-buried or buried, it can also be equipped with multiple original coatings and comfort and leisure equipment (heating, lighting, massage jets, swim spa, counter swimming device, etc.). -current, glazing, etc.).
- Low cost security : if your container pool is above ground, you will not need to invest in the purchase of a barrier or other mandatory safety device for private pools. Simply equip the container with a secure door preventing entry and access to stairs, which reduces your costs.
- Sports and leisure pools : their dimensions and the classic rectangular shape of container pools make them perfect pools for sports and recreational swimming. Something to satisfy all desires.
What are the disadvantages of the container pool?
If it has undeniable advantages, the container pool does however have certain disadvantages.
- A standardization that may displease : although it is customizable, the container pool can only have a rectangular shape and dimensions reduced to those of shipping containers, which may not appeal to lovers of originality.
- Access to think : if its installation is fast and if its transport is easy, it is still necessary to be able to access the places of its installation. Indeed, as in the context of a shell pool, the delivery of an entire pool requires easy access to the garden in which the pool will be located. If the delivery truck cannot access it, its installation will be impossible.
- A design that does not always appeal : the design of the container, with its industrial forms, may not please everyone. Nevertheless, it is quite possible to bury the pool to hide the walls or to cover them with other materials (wood, concrete, etc.) for a more traditional and aesthetic design, but an additional cost will be expected.
- Limited access : if you keep your container pool as an above-ground model, you will see advantages, but also the disadvantage of reduced access. Indeed, you will then only have a single point of entry, which multiplies the crossings for the bathers, and in particular for the children who have fun entering and leaving the pool to dive into it. In addition, the outline of the swimming pool will be impractical, which will make its maintenance complex since it will not be possible to go around it.
- Quality not always there : it is imperative to be vigilant before buying a container swimming pool, because some manufacturers are not very attentive to the quality of their productions, in particular in terms of the impermeability of the pool. Fiberglass is the most used technique, but it is not always well applied and cracks are possible.
- Visible wear : even if the interior of the pool is well designed, the exterior is subject to the vagaries of the weather. Over time, the metal of the container will rust and deteriorate if the pool is above ground, which will require maintenance, thus additional renovation costs and time.
- Insulation to relativize : if you keep the container basin above ground, your heating and air conditioning bill may be much higher, because the metal offers reduced insulation which does not allow you to properly retain the heat or the freshness of the water. If the pool is buried, you will not encounter these problems.
- No salt treatment : to treat bathing water, you cannot use salt, because it is not compatible with metal. Chlorine, bromine and active oxygen, on the other hand, will do the job very well.
How much does a container pool cost?
The cost of the container pool varies according to the formula chosen. Indeed, it can be sold “ready-to-dive”, that is to say fully equipped, or self-built.
The ready-to-dive container pool
The cost of a ready-to-dive model varies depending on the length selected (6 meters or 12 meters), its type of installation (above ground, semi-buried or buried) and the options chosen.
On average, for a container basin 6 meters long, it takes 7,000 euros to 20,000 euros budget. For a pool 12 meters long, plan between 20,000 euros and 35,000 euros. Be careful, because the prices are sometimes presented without the cost of delivery and installation.
The self-built container pool
In this case, the individual has the various elements that make up his container pool delivered. If the costs are lower, it is necessary to plan for a much longer implementation time.
For the container, count between 1,000 euros and 5,000 euros on average, depending on its condition. Add to that $150 to $500 for the filtration device and another $1,000 to $5,000 for delivery.
You will then need to add the costs of the materials used, the options to be added and the labor for the installation, if necessary.
Photo credit: Malcolm K.