Furniture is central elements in an interior. Have you noticed how they create a good atmosphere or not, a certain ambiance combining comfort and intimacy? One piece of furniture in particular takes pride of place: the sofa. You will notice the variety of models offered on the modern furniture market! Therefore, in order to decide which sofa will best suit your home, on the one hand you need to know the size of your room and on the other the color, texture as well as the desired shape of your sofa. Take a look at the basic shapes and find out which sofa suits you best: a straight sofa or a corner sofa.
The specificities of straight sofas
Some straight sofas are called static sofas while others can turn into a bed. Often the sofas that do not transform have deep seats. Those with high seats provide additional comfort. The sofas that turn into a bed are particularly characterized by their functionality. During the day you can relax here watching TV or reading a book. At night, these sofas turn into comfortable beds. If you adapt the dimensions of the bed and the mechanism of transformation into a bed well to your interior, you are sure to provide comfort to your family members or your guests. Each of the straight sofa models therefore has an advantage: whether it is a deep or high seat, the possibility of being transformed into a bed or even the possibility for those who cannot be transformed into a bed to fit into the smallest spaces. because compact.
The specificities of corner sofas
We rarely think of a corner sofa in a small studio or in a small space. On the contrary, corner sofas are usually placed in medium or large rooms. By choosing a corner sofa, you can choose to delimit your room in different areas. Of course, corner sofas can fit in a room with a small area, provided that it is not overloaded with other furniture. If you have a corner in your home that you never use, you can transform it with a corner sofa into an area where you can rest comfortably.
Corner sofas can also be transformed into beds. It all depends on the shape of your sofa. Some have the shape of the letter L, others of the letter U. And some models are in one piece, once you have made your choices, everything is done in the factory and the elements are permanently fixed to the frame. So if you need to make changes, you have to go through experienced professionals. When other models are made up of blocks that can be changed at any time. These sofa blocks can have very different shapes. There are products with slightly less common shapes such as semicircles or zigzags.
What are the main features of a corner sofa?
- Some offer drawers that give you additional storage and storage area.
- Due to its large size, especially if it is made up of one piece, the corner sofa can cause problems during transport and during installation.
- The armchairs of the corner sofas are perhaps a little harder than those of the straight sofas.
- Some corner sofas offer the possibility of being split in two and turning into two separate beds: one can be used by adults and the second can be used as a child’s bed.
- The corner sofa is not reserved for the living room. It can be installed in a bedroom, why not a children’s bedroom. Some dare it in the kitchen.
Angled or straight: how to choose the right sofa?
Whether straight or corner, the sofa can be used in all rooms of your home. It all depends of course on its size.
In summary :
The right sofa:
- generally suitable for your living room and bedroom and hallway
- has a deeper seat
- costs less than the corner sofa
- allows you to install two sofas in the same room facing each other.
The corner sofa:
- suitable for your living room, kitchen and children’s room
- looks modern and luxurious;
- allows you to furnish the corners of a room that have remained vacant
- offers a large number of seats
- allows you to divide the space into different zones
- is comfortable and practical.
Angled or straight, which sofa suits you best?
Which sofa is best for you depends on the size of your home. A straight sofa fits better in a small room, while a corner model is more suitable for medium and large rooms. When buying a corner sofa, make sure that the room does not already contain too much furniture, otherwise it will quickly look cluttered. If you have frequent visits from relatives and friends who stay overnight, you should consider a model with a mechanism that allows you to transform into a bed. Straight sofas and corner sofas generally have this much appreciated function. So it all depends on the exact dimensions of your room. Of course, if the room has complicated dimensions that make it difficult to choose the appropriate furniture, then the sofa can also be made to order. So you can be sure that the product matches you and your room perfectly.
Before buying, be sure to try out the sofa for comfort. It is also recommended to check the softness of the coating and the ease of use of the mechanism of transformation into a bed, if any.