In an effort to achieve significant cost savings, many homeowners are opting for theself-construction of their swimming pool. This is why they turn more willingly to the pool kit which does not require, supposedly not to require the intervention of a professional. In any case, this is what we are going to see after reviewing the advantages and disadvantages of the kit swimming pool as well as the budget to devote to it.
What is a pool kit?
Different from the concrete pool, the kit pool is shaped in the workshop or factory and then delivered to the customer in detached pieces. It comes in different models:
- Tubular pool kit : PVC swimming pool whose structure is made up of metal tubes. It is the cheapest model on the market since its price is in the range of 1,000 to 8,000 € depending on its dimensions. Some very small models cost only a few hundred euros.
- Kit rigid pool : these are wooden, resin, concrete or even steel panels that form the structure of the pool. This pool kit costs, depending on its dimensions, between 3,000 and 14,000 €.
If you want your pool kit to be buried or semi-buriedit is of course necessary to carry out demolition work which greatly complicates its installation.
Kit swimming pool: the advantages
If the kit swimming pool has a large number of private individuals, it is because it presents serious assetsto know :
- Swimming pool ideal for self-construction,
- Is delivered to the customer ready to install,
- You can set it up at your own pace, depending on your availability, and its installation is relatively quick. For your information, a few days are enough to install a wooden swimming pool in a semi-buried kit, but in a single morning, it can simply be laid above ground,
- The semi-buried kit model is particularly suitable for very steep terrain,
- Does not require a large budget since by building it yourself you save on the cost of labor, which represents a substantial sum.
We also appreciate the fact that no prior request is to be sent to the town hall if you wish to install an above-ground swimming pool in your garden provided that it is for a period of less than three months and outside protected areas. Swimming pool construction regulations must be strictly observed. Before installing a pool kit, it is strongly recommended to inquire with the town hall of your municipality because in some cases, specific restrictions are imposed by local planning rules, which means that it varies from one common to another.
Kit swimming pool: the disadvantages
The pool kit does not only have advantages, far from it. It cannot satisfy people who dream of having an XXL swimming pool with an original shape and in which it is possible to dive. Indeed, it does not exceed the following dimensions:
- 8 m in diameter for a round model,
- 10 m in length for a rectangular swimming pool in kit form,
- 1.30m deep.
It’s not much if you want to enjoy the pleasures of swimming with family or friends, or practice swimming at home.
In addition to its reduced dimensionsthe pool kit presents the other disadvantages following:
- Unattractive for the above-ground PVC model,
- Does not add value to the property,
- Limited lifespan compared to a concrete pool,
- Its construction requires of real DIY knowledge and it is essential to own or rent suitable tools and an earthmoving machine, especially if the pool kit is intended to be partially or totally buried,
- Does not benefit from the ten-year guarantee if it is not installed by a professional.
It is therefore a good compromise when you do not have a sufficient budget to afford a large in-ground concrete pool, but it cannot satisfy the wildest dreams.
Kit swimming pool construction cost
We specified above, it may be designed for self-construction, it can not be installed by everyone. You have to know about electricity, plumbing, construction, or if you go it alone, you don’t benefit from any outside help and the result can be catastrophic. Without any pejorative connotation, let’s say that Sunday handymen have every interest in entrust the installation of their kit swimming pool to a craftsman or a swimming pool specialist. In addition to benefiting from the ten-year guarantee, they will at least have the pleasure of splashing around in a pool installed according to the rules of the art.
In addition to the price of the swimming pool, it is therefore better to provide a sufficient budget intended for the pose. We count between 500 and 1,200 € for have your pool kit assembled by a pro, but the rating increases if specific fittings are desired in order to create a more aesthetic environment. In any case, the tariff can only be fixed on a case-by-case basis. It is therefore strongly recommended to use an online comparator to quickly receive several quotes pool installation kit. It is free and without obligation.