The modular panel pool is one of the many models offered on the market. Its design allows it to be buried and to create a bathing area as beautiful as if you had opted for a classic masonry pool. It is therefore not surprising that it is so popular with individuals. Moreover, we know almost only its strengths and that’s what we’re going to see here.
What is a modular panel pool?
This pool consists of panels who have been factory prefabricated then assembled on site. It is usually buried, but there are also above-ground and semi-buried models. Thus, it is quite possible to find a swimming pool in modular panels which adapts perfectly to the configuration of the land.
It is available in five possible materials, each with its own specificities, namely:
- The bois (preferably exotic): provided you choose a class IV or V wood, you have a material that is both noble and rot-proof.
- L’steel: it is the material with the best quality/price ratio. This is why steel panel pools are the top seller in the modular category.
- The reinforced concrete: extremely robust, it surpasses aluminum and steel in this area.
- The composite: this lightweight material is nonetheless ultra-resistant. It does not deteriorate and does not need any particular maintenance. This is an asset if you want to install a pool at home that looks like wood.
- L’aluminium: it offers great resistance to corrosion.
Before setting your sights on a particular material, it is better to seek advice from a swimming pool specialist. This swimming pool expert has extensive experience in the field and knows exactly what is best suited to the constraints (environment, type of soil, pool model, client’s budget, etc.).
What are the advantages of the pool in modular panels?
In addition to being able to choose the material that suits him best, the customer who opts for a swimming pool with modular panels will be able to appreciate his countless assets.
Everyone can afford the dream pool by choosing modular panels and benefiting from a product that has the following advantages:
- Comfort equipment included or optional: you can afford anything with a swimming pool in modular panels, exactly as if you had a traditional swimming pool. It can therefore be equipped for example:
- An electric heating device or heat pump (heat pump),
- A filtration system,
- From a submerged beach,
- A counter-current swimming system,
- One or more stairs,
- From hydromassage jets…
- The variety of sizes basin: mini, medium or huge… there are no limits other than the client’s budget and the size of their land.
- The depth: it can be mixed or uniform since the bottom of the modular pool is made of a concrete slab. Everyone can therefore choose the pool depth that suits them best.
- The pool shape: all standard shapes are possible but also free shapes. In the latter case, however, two materials are preferable since they lend themselves to all possibilities. This is the case for aluminum and steel.
- The color: this is provided by the coating that must be installed on the modular panels in order to guarantee the watertightness of the pool. It can be a PVC membrane or a liner. Again, all measurements are allowed.
- And low, mid-high or high shelter, of any type so that it fits nicely into the environment. There are many models of swimming pool enclosures, namely:
It is necessary refine your project beforehand because it is when ordering the swimming pool in modular panels that all the equipment that must rest on the wall of the pool must be provided.
A swimming pool that you can install yourself
This is one of the great advantages of this type of pool prefabricated in the factory since it is a kit. However, this does not mean that everyone is capable of embarking on this adventure! You have to be rigorous, have an excellent level of knowledge in DIY, electricity, plumbing…
Better to be sure of your shot because in this case there is no contractual guarantee. The slightest mistake can lead to problems that cannot be solved if you took care of the installation alone. Admittedly, theself-construction of its swimming pool in modular panels saves money, but it can end up costing a lot more in fine if the assembly is incorrect. It is therefore much wiser to entrust the installation to a professional. At least we’re not taking any risks…
Does the modular panel pool have any disadvantages?
The answer is a not almost categorical. Its declination is so vast that it meets all tastes and all requirements. Whether in terms of aesthetics, price, sealing, longevity, layout possibilities and installation time, it wins all the votes. We cannot therefore reproach much to this swimming pool in modular panels and this is the reason why it is sold more and more.
However, some materials in which it is available may not be suitable for everyone. You should know that:
- Steel is not recommended if the pool is to be buried in acidic soil or in which humidity tends to be quite present because this material is more exposed than the others to corrosion. It must therefore be protected against this risk.
- Reinforced concrete leaves fewer possibilities in terms of pool shape, especially curves, because the manipulation panels is not easy.
- The wood should be must be class IV or V to be rot-proof. It is therefore necessary to have a sufficient budget because these types of wood are the most expensive. To avoid the risk of being confronted with a rapid rotting of its basin, it is strongly advised not to be tempted by a class III wood on the grounds that it is more accessible in terms of price.
Such a project is of course worth devoting some time to. Well chosen but also well installed, this pool brings real added value to a property.
How much does it cost to build a pool with modular panels?
It is not possible to specify the price of a swimming pool in modular panels with precision since this one is defined case by case depending on the size, shape, depth of the pool, or its equipment…
If you do not have the skills required to install your swimming pool yourself, you must include the cost of labor since it is crucial to entrust the work to a professional. The connections, the constraints imposed by its installation, the casting of the bottom slab, the earthworks and of course we do not forget to add to the overall score the cost of delivery of the modular panels are also taken into account. .
The workforce may require a budget from 4,000 to more than 15,000 €. Let’s say that it takes globally between 15,000 and 22,000 € to finance the purchase of a good-sized pool and its construction by a pro. But that’s only one idea. Don’t hesitate to ask local swimming pool specialists and craftsmen through a online comparator. This is the best solution to subsequently obtain various highly accurate quotes.