There is no doubt that your swimming pool is a source of summer fun. With summer approaching, the swimming season is not far away: it’s the perfect time to start considering repair or optimization projects to launch next year. How about painting? Educating yourself on the subject would allow you to avoid certain problems and guarantee optimal bathing quality for those around you, friends and family. What are the different types of pool liners? What are the advantages and disadvantages of the “paint” coating?
Paint, one type of coating among others
There are different types of coatings for swimming pools. It all depends on your pond. Is it waterproof? Would you like it to have a particular aesthetic? Also think about the cleaning process which is conditioned by the coating. Tile, liner, swimming pool, paint, etc. The choice is vast. If you choose the paint, you will be able to decide its color, and perhaps its texture. Using paint for the inside of your pool is definitely the most economical option. With this type of finish, keep in mind that maintenance is frequent, since you must apply a new coat regularly to keep the pool in perfect condition.
What color paint for your swimming pool?
Much like the other coatings mentioned below, paint has the function of bringing decoration and therefore color to your pool. The rendered color is due to the association of the color of the sky and the coating. If you want very blue water, choose a blue or white color. You can also opt for a dark gray. For a rather lagoon blue look, then look for beiges. And then do with the shape of your pool. Because the effect will not be the same if you have a swimming color or a swimming pool with an original shape.
What type of paint for your swimming pool?
The two main types of paint for swimming pools are the so-called “cement” paints and the so-called “plastic” paints.
“Cement” paint : it is a paint used less and less because in addition to being able to be applied only on concrete swimming pools, its drying time is long and its behavior in time rather mediocre. In general, it must be renewed every 2 years.
plastic paint : it includes two sub-categories. On the one hand, the synthetic resin paint – such as polyurethane, acrylic or epoxy. These paints are increasingly in demand on the market because they offer good impermeability and good elasticity. On the other hand, the plastic paint based on chlorinated rubber, very resistant – in particular to the rays of the sun and to water treatment products, and which has the advantage of being able to be applied to concrete, but also cement, polyester or fiberglass .
Advantages of a paint coating for a swimming pool
- Paint is arguably the most economical pool coating of all.
- Its installation is the one that requires the least expertise, although it needs to be done carefully and according to the rules of the art. It is essential to scrupulously follow the instructions given by the manufacturer.
- Certain types of paint are used as temporary coatings before laying tiles or the like.
- The color palette offered is very wide. As with the painting of classic walls, you can make your color mixtures, which gives an infinite range of hues. Painting as a pool coating therefore offers an aesthetic appearance.
Disadvantages of a paint coating for a swimming pool
- You cannot apply paint to all pools. Since paint is a non-waterproof coating. It simply ensures the finish of your pool, in no case its watertightness. This is why before applying paint to the bottom of your pool, remember to apply a coat of water-repellent coating to waterproof your pool.
- It is a coating that requires frequent renewal because it does not hold up over time.