Petrol blue is a very trendy color. It’s the shade of blue of the moment that invites itself into our interiors. It must be said that it has the great advantage of being appropriate in all rooms thanks to its elegant, warm and soft shades which bring character to your decoration. Very chic and cosy, this flagship color from the 50s is making a remarkable comeback. In which rooms should it be reserved? What colors to associate it with? Our answers in this file.
Petrol blue: where and how to use it in the house?
Petrol blue is a trendy color that can be used in all rooms of the house, both on the walls, the floors, but also the furniture and the accessories. Here is the proof.
The living room
Painting or wallpapering a wall in petrol blue in your living room is a good way to give it relief and character while giving it a warm softness. For more discreet touches, you can opt for a sofa or armchairs in this color, which will invite relaxation and well-being. You can also choose petrol blue to decorate the room by installing cushions, plaids or rugs in this color.
To bring both light and character to the bedroom, you can paint or wallpaper the wall that hosts your headboard in petrol blue. The rendering will be very welcoming and cozy, because this color is not cold. You can combine it with natural colors such as wood (parquet or bed) or wicker, straw or seagrass, because it will highlight them.
Blue is very popular in the bathroom, especially because this piece of water is often the subject of a marine or evocative decor of the sea. Petrol blue is a good way to adorn it without overdoing it. Prefer to use it to paint a wall rather than on your furniture, it will highlight the room without risking darkening it.
The kitchen and the living room
Industrial fashion has been all the rage for some time and is inviting itself into our living rooms such as the kitchen and the living room. Petrol blue is a good choice to enhance this style while standing out from black. Dark, it fits perfectly into the decor, but its brighter color and natural warmth allow it to harmonize perfectly with metal and wood. If you prefer to use it in lighter touches than a section of wall, opt for a beautiful credenza in petrol blue shades.
Corridors are often passage spaces considered as wasted space and forgotten in terms of decoration. It is rare that they are put forward and valued. Paint one or more walls in petrol blue to give relief to this place, however frequented, and you will enjoy walking around it again thanks to the character and elegance of this colour.
With which colors to associate petrol blue?
Petrol blue can be associated with a wide range of colors. It all depends on the desired atmosphere.
The combinations of petrol blue for a soft and warm atmosphere
For a soft and warm, welcoming, enveloping and cozy atmosphere, combine petrol blue with soft and neutral tones:
- Light gray will create a harmonious unity.
- The light brown will highlight the petrol blue.
- Pale yellow will give a brighter ambiance to the room.
- Pastel blue will bring softness.
The combinations of petrol blue for an original and elegant atmosphere
If you want to create an original and elegant atmosphere, here are the colors you need to associate with petrol blue:
- Coral for a suave and exotic atmosphere.
- Purple for an intense alliance.
- Powder pink for an elegant retro effect.
The combinations of petrol blue for a chic and refined atmosphere
If you are a fan of chic and want to give your interior a refined and luxurious atmosphere, here are the colors to associate with petrol blue:
- Gold for a luxurious and chic alliance.
- Black for a classy and timeless effect.
The combinations of petrol blue for a natural atmosphere
For an interior that evokes naturalness, softness and well-being, you can combine these colors with petrol blue:
- White to highlight the blue and bring light.
- Wood, a material that goes very well with petrol blue, because they are two warm shades.
- Straw, wicker and seagrass are natural materials whose color goes perfectly with petrol blue.
The combinations of petrol blue for an industrial atmosphere
For a very trendy industrial decoration, you can combine petrol blue with the following shades:
- Black is chic and refined, but it is also perfect with petrol blue for an industrial atmosphere.
- Copper is a hot material that participates in industrial fashion.
- The brick will be perfect to highlight the petrol blue, and vice versa.
The combinations of petrol blue for a sparkling and dynamic atmosphere
For a sparkling and dynamic atmosphere, petrol blue can be associated with the following colors:
- Yellow (sunshine, mustard, etc.) is an excellent choice to energize your petrol blue rooms.
- Green and its many variations combine very well with petrol blue to bring pep to your interior.