With the arrival of sunny days, building a swimming pool has become the dream of many individuals. However, it is not always easy to undertake such a project in view of the costs it generates. Indeed, if it is difficult to evaluate the price of a swimming pool construction, to know if its desires are achievable or what it is possible to claim with a precise budget, there are solutions to find it easily. Let’s take stock to help you see more clearly and give more realism to your swimming dreams. Ready to dive?
What is the average budget to plan for the construction of a swimming pool?
Building an in-ground pool represents a certain budget which can be determined according to several factors. Indeed, it is estimated that the price varies between 15,000 and 50,000 euros for a classic pool, but it all depends on its characteristics.
The price of the swimming pool according to the type of pool chosen
- The swimming pool kit : this type of inground pool is to be assembled using polystyrene blocks or modular concrete, aluminum or steel panels. It takes about 10,000 euros for these pools which can be assembled yourself, but it is preferable to call on a professional, even if this generates labor costs.
- The polyester shell swimming pool : the shell swimming pool is a one-piece model which is chosen from the catalogue, which is manufactured and then delivered to the land intended to receive it. If it is accessible from 10,000 euros to 20,000 euros, it presents the delivery constraint. Indeed, it can be extremely bulky, which can complicate its delivery and which requires its location in an accessible garden.
- The concrete swimming pool : this traditional inground pool can be designed in almost any size and shape imaginable! In concrete blocks, a minimum of 15,000 euros must be considered; in poured concrete, it takes at least 20,000 euros and in shotcrete at least 25,000 euros. However, for a pool of substantial size, allow 30,000 to 50,000 euros.
The price of the swimming pool according to the elements that constitute it
Starting from the minimum budget to be expected depending on the type of pool chosen, here are the different elements that can influence the cost of the pool:
- The installation site : Earthworks are very important for an in-ground pool. This includes grading, site preparation and leveling, backfilling, etc. By entrusting these tasks to professionals or the swimming pool specialist, it is necessary to count between 2,000 and 3,000 euros.
- Basin materials : as we have seen previously, the price of the materials making up the pool varies depending on whether it is a kit, shell or concrete pool.
- The coating : the cost varies depending on whether the coating is liner, tile, plaster, paint or plaster.
- Equipment and accessories : pool equipment and accessories represent a significant cost. It all depends on the models chosen (safety device, stairs, lighting, beach, nozzles, jets, etc.) and the desired comfort.
- Heating : there are several heating systems for swimming pools. Some are expensive to buy and economical to run, but there is also the opposite.
- Basin cover : covering your pool is essential. It is possible to opt for a tarpaulin cover, a shutter or a shelter, which are safety devices. The price evolves according to the chosen system, from the simple cover, for less than 1,000 euros, to the shelter whose budget starts at 10,000 euros or to the submerged shutter which costs between 15,000 and 20,000 euros.
- The safety device : securing your swimming pool is mandatory, otherwise any owner of a private pool is liable to a fine of 45,000 euros. Securing is possible by means of a shelter, a cover, an alarm or barriers. To be compliant, they must meet the standards in force.
- The impoundment of the basin : we often forget it when we define the budget for the construction of a swimming pool, but the impoundment represents a not insignificant bill! Not only do you need several cubic meters of water, but also the multiple treatments intended to make it suitable for swimming!
The cost of pool customization
Personalizing your swimming pool by giving it an original shape, opting for an infinity pool, natural or hidden under the terrace and many other ideas has a cost!
- The mini swimming pool, less than 10 m², is accessible from 7,000 euros.
- The swimming lane, for athletes in narrow terrain, costs between 10,000 and 50,000 euros.
- A covered pool, usable all year round, costs between 15,000 and 50,000 euros.
- A chic and elegant infinity pool costs between 15,000 and 60,000 euros.
- The mirror pool, with a Zen atmosphere, costs between 30,000 and 50,000 euros.
- A natural, ecological and aesthetic swimming pool is invoiced between 30,000 and 60,000 euros.
- The indoor swimming pool, the ultimate in luxury, is at the minimum price of 30,000 euros.
The cost of developing the area around the basin
Once the pool is built, the installation does not stop there. Then you have to adjust your environment. Terrace, beach, parasol, deck chairs, technical room, plantations, even bar, lounge area… these elements are not the priority of future bathers when designing the pool and they are not often included in the construction estimate of the pool. swimming pool. However, it is necessary to plan to devote at least 10% of the budget to this essential equipment.
Pool maintenance fees
To use the swimming pool, you will have to spend more. And these non-negligible costs must be integrated as soon as possible into your planned expenses for the pool.
- The chlorine treatment of your pool will cost you between 200 and 300 euros per year.
- A bromine treatment costs between 250 and 350 euros per year.
- By opting for a salt treatment, plan 120 to 200 euros per year.
- A renewal of the liner is to be expected on average every 10 years for a price that varies between 10 and 50 euros per square meter of product.
- The price of a pool robot costs at least 100 euros and can go up to more than 500 euros for the most advanced models.
Ask for a quote to know the budget of your future swimming pool
To know in advance the price to be expected according to your swimming pool project, it is recommended to make an online estimate. Use a quote comparator to find the product you need at the best price. Thanks to the comparator, you will be able to discover as closely as possible the real cost of your desires, but also to develop your project to meet your financial possibilities.
This type of free tool, easy to access and use, without obligation and personalized, allows you to receive up to 4 offers from professional pool specialists in just a few minutes.